CHESTER GOLF CLUB - GENERAL RULES FOR OPEN EVENTS
1. All Open events conducted by Chester Golf Club shall be governed by the Rules of Golf of the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews and subject to these General Conditions and Standing Local Rules; together with any event specific Rules, and Safety Information issued for the Open event.
2. All competitors must be of Amateur Status and meet the eligibility criteria of the Open event. The Club reserves the right to refuse entry to any player without specifying a reason and, if necessary, change the entry rules.
3. The Club reserves the right to fix and/or alter starting times. The club will contact any players who have their starting times changed. Each Player must start at the time established by the Club.
4. All players must report to the Registration Desk before play. Scorecards will normally be issued at that time. Any substitute player must satisfy the entrance requirements and advise the registration desk of their club and CDH number.
5. Scorecards should be returned as stated in the competition Welcome Leaflet. Any cards not returned within thirty minutes of completing the round may be entered as a “Nil-Return” at the sole discretion of the Competition Committee.
6. If in any Open event it becomes impossible to complete the competition because of adverse weather conditions, or other circumstances, the following rules will apply:
Refunds will be issued to any players unable to play at all due to course closure / suspension of play. The Competition Committee, at its discretion, may decide to offer partial refunds or complimentary mid-week rounds of golf to players who are unable to complete their round. Players who have completed their rounds will not be offered a refund or complimentary round of golf.
The Competition Committee will decide if sufficient players have completed their round and the competition can be considered as completed and prizes awarded.
The Competition Committee will decide if the course is closed and the competition abandoned or if play is to be suspended and when play is to be resumed. Play will not be suspended for longer than 1 hour. The Competition Committee decision will be final.
7. All disputes shall be settled by the Competition Committee whose decision shall be final.
8. All ties in Open events shall be decided by card count back.
9. Subject to the Rules of Golf any competitor who fails to appear on the tee at his appointed starting time will forfeit their entry fee.
10. The club uses the information provided by you to allow us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you as a competitor. We share this information with our Golf Administration System. Your personal data is administered internally by the Clubs Data Controller. We would like to retain your data to send information about future events/Open competitions. By completing the competition entry you are indicating you are happy for us to do this.
Chester Golf Club
Golf Committee – 2020